[U-Boot-Users] Flash write problem on CSB226

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Wed Jan 28 20:00:24 CET 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 11:40:00AM +0100, Rolf Peukert wrote:
> we have installed U-boot on a CSB226 board with a PXA255 CPU and a
> bank of 2 Intel 28F128J3 flash chips (8M x 16bit each). There appeared
> to be a problem with the flash write function. It would stop after a
> few words, claiming "flash not erased". Closer inspection revealed,
> only one of the flashes was in read mode, the other was still in
> status mode.

Hmm, I havn't tested the CSB stuff for some time and I have only used it
with the old board containing the PXA250. As there was no real customer
project behind the board and I used it mainly for testing the network
chip I didn't investigate the flash stuff too deeply.

> There's one more thing I'm unsure about: Which is the right place to
> set the CPU clock? In boards/csb226/memsetup.S it is set to a default
> value. In cpu/pxa/start.S it is set to the configured CFG_CPUSPEED
> value, but memsetup is called after this.

Having just a short look into it it looks like a bug which didn't turn
up because I didn't have a faster processor at that time.

Robert
     Hornemannstraße 12,  31137 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4