[U-Boot-Users] AMD Mirror Bit Write Buffer Programing algorythm troubles

Conn Clark clark at esteem.com
Fri Jan 30 22:00:52 CET 2004

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <401A9FA4.7020803 at esteem.com> you wrote:
>
>>	I'm having troubles with an AMD Mirror Bit Write Buffer Programing
>>algorythm I have written for U-Boot. I'm hoping that someone can provide
>>some insight to the problem. We are using an Am29LV320MB part and
>>according to the data sheet I am doing everything correctly (at least I
>>think I am ). So if someone could confirm my code is valid or wrong I
>>would appreciate it.
>

> See our recent changes to the LWMON flash driver for reference.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

     Unfortunately this code is for an intel chip which is signifigantly
simpler to program . This code does show me how I can optimize things a
little more but unfortunatly offers no insight as to why my code is failing.

     I realize that asking someone to dig through a datasheet to verify
my code is asking alot and do not expect them to do so. I was hoping
someone has tackled this task with an AMD chip before and had a solution
they are willing to share, or could point out the flaw in my code.

Thanks for the effort,

-- Conn Clark

   If you live at home long enough, your parents will move out.
  (Warning they may try to sell their house out from under you.)

Conn Clark
Engineering Stooge				clark at esteem.com
Electronic Systems Technology Inc.		www.esteem.com

Stock Ticker Symbol				ELST

"clark at esteem.com" Copyright 2000 By Electronic Systems Technology
  This email address may be used to communicate to Conn Clark
  provided it is not being used for advertisement purposes, unless
  prior written consent is given. This email address may not be
  sold under any circumstances. All other rights reserved.