[U-Boot-Users] U-boot for MIPS - problem using latest gcc

Jerry Walden jerry.walden at lantronix.com
Thu Jan 29 02:02:38 CET 2004

My toolchain builds the latest mips kernel and the kernel runs
perfectly.

If you look in start.S - there is a branch to memsetup.  In start.S
there is NO definition of this symbol (i.e. as an external or
otherwise).

The start.S file includes some files, none of which have any reference
to memsetup.  Does the toolchain in ELDK assume that any symbol which is
not defined as an extern, or is not defined in the file as a direct
label, must be external?  Makes no sense to me.