[U-Boot-Users] Hush 'elif' operation?

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Thu Jan 29 22:04:08 CET 2004

Greetings

I'm trying to get as close to a switch statement in hush shell language
as possible and thought that a set of if/then/elif/else would be tidier
than nested if/then/else. It doesn't work how I expected however. The
example below illustrates the problem - I was expecting execution after
a true test (in the first 'if' in this case) to continue after the 'fi'
but instead it ploughs through all the other executable (echo)
statements having skipped the elif statements. It does correctly skip
the else clause however :-))

Could someone assist in the navigation of this module to point out where
would be a good place to start (i.e. some basic principles and
assumptions of how the parser works).

[apologies for the word wrapping]

=>if iml; then echo "one"; elif iml; then echo "two"; elif iml; then
echo "three"; else echo "four"; fi
Image at 40340000:
    Image Name:   Linux-2.4.22-20040129-12:57
    Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
    Data Size:    630253 Bytes = 615.5 kB
    Load Address: 00000000
    Entry Point:  00000000

one
two
three
=>

Many thanks

--
Robin Gilks
Senior Design Engineer          Phone: (+64)(3) 357 1569
PO Box 1645 Christchurch        Email : robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
New Zealand