[U-Boot-Users] Re: PCI Configuration

Yuli Barcohen yuli at arabellasw.com
Thu Jan 29 08:49:13 CET 2004

    Sudhakar> Hi, I am facing some problems during the PCI
    Sudhakar> initialization of U-boot on MPC8280. If I disbale PCI
    Sudhakar> initialization in U-Boot will Linux Kernel initialize PCI
    Sudhakar> when it is coming up ?(When PCI has been enabled in the
    Sudhakar> kernel)

It depends on your kernel. We developed set of dirvers for 82xx family
and our kernel performs all the necessary initialisations. We do not
activate U-Boot's PCI code because it's not needed for booting the
kernel. Your kernel may behave differently.

 Yuli Barcohen       | Phone +972-9-765-1788 |  Software Project Leader
 yuli at arabellasw.com | Fax   +972-9-765-7494 | Arabella Software, Israel