[U-Boot-Users] Flashen eines jungfräulichen TQM8260 boards mit dem BDI 2000

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jan 31 18:07:59 CET 2004

Hi,

in message <D71D92D9C793D411A70B00306E00E20901C5175D at exc01.hamburg.pandatel.com> you wrote:

> ich habe mir das flash meines TQM8260 boards "zerschossen".
> Nun möchte ich das Flash mit dem BDI2000 neu brennen. (RSTCONF#
> Jumper gesetzt).

Ummm... u-boot-users is an international mailing list, so please post
in English.

> Allerdings quittiert der BDI2000 den Brennversuch mit:
> "# Programming flash memory failed at 0x00000000" (das flash ist
> bereits gelöscht ...)

With the RSTCONF# jumper set, you must edit the BDI2000  config  file
and  set "bootaddr" to 0xFFF00100. Otherwise the BDI will not be able
to stop the CPU after reset; it will start and crash; in  this  state
flash programming will not work.

> Ich erinnere mich noch dunkel, dass man zum Brennen (in diesem Zustand des
> Boards) noch in irgendeinem SPR-Register ein Bit setzen musste, um den 64Bit
> Brennmodus zu unterstützen. War doch so, oder !?

Only with very old versions of the BDI2000 firmware you must manually
enable the FPU in the MSR to enable the FPU for fast  flash  routines
(i.  e.  include "WREG MSR 0x00002000" in the "[INIT]" section of the
BDI2000's config file).

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I wish I had a bronze torc for every user who didn't read the manual.
                             - Terry Pratchett, _The Light Fantastic_