[U-Boot-Users] Booting Linux on ixdp425 from Flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jul 2 09:13:55 CEST 2004

In message <33580.203.101.41.151.1088750803.squirrel at 203.101.41.151> you wrote:

>        1. Board is booting with 1405K compressed ramdisk without any
> problem. suppose if i increase the size, i m getting Oops Error.  I
> have 16mb of SDRAM. Any tips to fix it ?.

"oops error"? It is extremely dioficult to give a helpful  answer  to
such  an  unspecific  questions.  It  would  have been a good idea to
include some more details, like how  you  load  the  kernel  and  the
ramdisk,  which  addresses  you  use, and especially the actual error
messages.

Anyway - all this is basicly Linux related and as such off topic here.

>        2. Actually the board has come with redboot. while tried with
> redboot, it created 5 Partitions on the Flash. Now i m using

I don't think that redboot crerates any partitions.  Again,  this  is
Linux.

> U-boot. My plan is boot the  board with ramdisk and mounting jffs2
> file system in partition. I dont know how to create a partition and
> repsent as mtdblockX.i  dont know how should proceed furthur ?.

See the available documentation for the Linux MTD system.

> Any tips highly appreciatable.

Please don't cross post to  u-boot-users  when  there  is  no  U-Boot
specific content.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Just because your doctor has a name for your condition  doesn't  mean
he knows what it is.