[U-Boot-Users] Protected Flash (newbie question)

George Goh georgegohkokleong at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 5 17:23:11 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've just compiled and downloaded a copy of u-boot to my
Hynix 7202 ARM720T board. I have got a puzzling error,
however, when I try to save my updated env variables:

uboot> saveenv
Saving Environment to Flash...
Un-Protected 1 sectors
Erasing Flash...Erasing sector  1 ... ok.
Erased 1 sectors
Writing to Flash...
Flash write error 92 at address 00020000
Device protect error.
Can't write to protected Flash sectors
Protected 1 sectors

I've tried 'protect off 20000 3ffff' and then 'save env',
but it doesn't work either. Can someone kindly point me
to the right place to look, so that I can understand what
could be causing this?

Thank you,
George