[U-Boot-Users] EEPROM question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jul 9 11:55:13 CEST 2004

In message <BAY2-F191QW4Ojf43rj00030356 at hotmail.com> you wrote:

> I have a custom board with PPC 405. The board is designed based on Walnut.
> But it doesn't have EEPROM. I noticed that if I remove CFG_SPD_EEPROM,

I guess you are mixing  things  up  here.  "No  EEPROM"  is  probably
something else than the SPD EEPROM on your SDRAM DIMMs.

> compiling u-boot will be failed, because initdram calls spd_sdram. spd_sdram
> is not definied if CFG_SPD_EEPROM is not defined. Is there any instruction
> for how to develop without EEPROM?

Fix your configuration.

We don't know your hardware so it is difficult to come up with a good
recommendation.

If there is just no "normal" EEPROM, then remove EEPROM support  (and
probably  I2C  support as well if there is no other device on the I2C
bus) from the command definitions.

If there is no SPD EEPROM on your memory chips, then you will have to
adjust the initdram() code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Applying computer technology is simply finding the  right  wrench  to
pound in the correct screw.