[U-Boot-Users] C function call in Linux kernel

Frank Young young726 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 10 00:46:34 CEST 2004

>In message <BAY2-F35dSZwnUdfnuz000953d6 at hotmail.com> you wrote:
> >
> > >How do you know that? And what exactly means "stuck" in this context?
> >
> > I put the following piece of code in head_4xx.S:
> > early_init is the c functional. From the console I can see '1' but no
>'2',
> > which is expected after early_init is done.
>
>What you write is true, although you didn't mean it:
>
>It is indeed expected that you don't see '2', because your code  just
>crashes the system.

Really!? I didn't realize this!! Could you give some more detail? Why the
code could crash the system? In order to use the UART, I also added a TLB
entry as below:

	/* Set up a TLB for UART controller */
	lis r3, UART0_BASE at h
	addi r3, r3, UART0_BASE at l

	ori r4, r3, 0

	clrrwi r4, r4, 10
	ori r4, r4, (TLB_WR | TLB_EX | TLB_I | TLB_G)

	clrrwi	r3,r3,10		/* Mask off the effective page number */
	ori	r3,r3,(TLB_VALID | TLB_PAGESZ(PAGESZ_4K))

	li r0, 11

	tlbwe r4, r0, TLB_DATA
	tlbwe r3, r0, TLB_TAG
	sync