[U-Boot-Users] Debugging U-Boot Under DDD

Talib Alim talibalm at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 12 21:43:03 CEST 2004

Thanks for the link.

I have debugged u-boot to a point, it has relocated code, setup
execptions / interrrupts etc and in main_loop().

At this point if I "Cont", I get pop-up from ddd

/.../u-boot-1.1.1/serial.c: No such file or directory.

There are 23 serial.c files in the tree. Those possibly relavent to me
are

./cpu/mpc8xx/serial.c
./tools/gdb/serial.c
./drivers/serial.c

Just before relocating the code, I typed following statements

(gdb) symbol-file
(gdb) add-symbol-file u-boot 0xbda000
(gdb) dir cpu/mpc8xx
(gdb) dir board/fads
(gdb) dir tools/gdb/serial.c
(gdb) dir drivers/serial.c

Well, my question is why I am getting "No such file or directory" from
ddd and how can I fix this problem.

Usman