[U-Boot-Users] U-BOOT for MPC885 Eval board

Yuli Barcohen yuli at arabellasw.com
Tue Jul 13 20:21:23 CEST 2004

    Sachin> Hi, We are using MPC885ADS Eval. board ,we are porting
    Sachin> U-Boot 1.1.1on it and working fine,

What's wrong with the existing port? Version 1.1.1 is too old, and
existing port works fine for me.

    Sachin> but we have following query

    Sachin> 1. When we trying to change serial port from SMC1 to SMC2 by
    Sachin>    defining following in "MPC885ADS.h" :

    Sachin>    #define CONFIG_8xx_CONS_SMC2 1 /* Console is on SMC2 */
    Sachin>    #undef CONFIG_8xx_CONS_SMC1
    Sachin>    #undef CONFIG_8xx_CONS_NONE
    Sachin>    we are not getting anything on serial console.

You can't use FEC2 and SMC2 simultaneously, and the factory DIP switch
settings select FEC2. Make sure you've got correct settings and enable
SMC2 UART in BCSR.

    Sachin> 2.  We are getting 8 Mbyte of Flash memory SIMM -
    Sachin>     theRPCF08324NE5BSSG-70 by RPC , which internally
    Sachin>     composed of 16 AM29F040 devices. We are able to
    Sachin>     configure 2 MB Flash memory and working fine. But when
    Sachin>     we are trying to configure for 8MB by changinf following
    Sachin>     in "/board/fads/flash.c : flash_get_size()"

    Sachin> info-> sector_count = 32; size = 0x00800000;

    Sachin> instead of

    Sachin> info-> sector_count = 8; size = 0x00200000;

    Sachin> It gives some error as below :

    Sachin> Has anyone faced same problem?

Probably you didn't change BR0/OR0. Anyway, it works in current version
of U-Boot. Make sure that you've got updated BCSR, otherwise you have to
modify the SIMM because original BCSR does not recognise this SIMM
correctly.

 Yuli Barcohen       | Phone +972-9-765-1788 |  Software Project Leader
 yuli at arabellasw.com | Fax   +972-9-765-7494 | Arabella Software, Israel