[U-Boot-Users] Debugging U-Boot Under DDD

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Tue Jul 13 20:38:22 CEST 2004

...also do an "objump -h" on your elf file to see where everything is being located.  Someone wants to locate a section in the wrong place or a section is way too large, but that is usually a symptom of locating a section in the wrong place or someone putting data in the wrong place.

Track down where that section location is defined and everybody that sticks stuff in that section looking for oddball locations (like 0x040000xx).  Quite often someone puts in a hardcoded address in the code, causing a section to get really, really large.

I did a quick search and it looks like the common TEXT_BASE is 0x40000000 (not 0x04000000) so I may be wrong on that one.

gvb