[U-Boot-Users] Using ELF File in gdb

Knowledge Seeker talibalm at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 17 02:18:57 CEST 2004

Wolfgang,

- I understand issue about debugging after code has been relocated
- I can successfully single step, next, cont, before code relocation
- I can successfully single step, next, cont, after code is relocated
(to following extend)

But when code is executing from serial.c file, gdb gets confused. I
have started ddd as (among other variations)

ddd --debugger /opt/eldk/usr/bin/ppc_8xx-gdb u-boot

But still when it gets to serial.c (actually it may be b4 it gets
there) it does not know where is serial.c is located. It is looking in
/ (i.e. u-boot-1.1.1)

Other time if I try to set break point in file e.g.
./common/env_dataflash.c, gdb does not know where to find it.

I have tried using dir command, with no affect.

I am using

ELDK version 3.0
ppc_8xx: Build 2004-02-16

and have no other problems.

May be I am missing something real basic ?

KS