[U-Boot-Users] u-boot 1.1.1 & Intel LXT972A

Knowledge Seeker talibalm at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 20 20:39:33 CEST 2004

I have LXT972A on 852T. From u-boot, I have set mac, ip and netmask.
When I try to ping a ip address on LAN. I get "TX timeout"

I have traced this. During u-boot init, fec_initialize is called,
which does not do much to comfiugre the hardware. When I ping fec_init
is called in cpu/mpc8xx/fec.c and then it eventually times out in
fec_send function.

I have ether real running on another computer, which can see arp
packet coming out of fec.

So at this point what should I look next.

Help. Completely lost.