[U-Boot-Users] No more omap1510inn/omap1610inn Maintainer?

'George G. Davis' gdavis at mvista.com
Tue Jul 20 21:31:41 CEST 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 01:04:28PM -0500, Michael Bendzick wrote:
> George-
>
> Those two added lines do look good.  It would be handy to have access to the
> second chip of user flash.  Do you think it would be good to add some kind
> of support for the AMD boot flash?

I gave it a quick try just now. Although the AMD flash bank is detected,
it appears that the common CFI flash driver is incapable of dealing with
heterogenous flash configs, i.e. the AMD flash bank appears to inherit
the same size and number of flank banks as the two (identical) Intel banks,
16MiB and 128 sectors. So it's probably not a good idea to enable support
for the AMD flash bank yet. Also, FWIW, it's not supported in the linux MTD
MAP driver yet and is typically only ever used for TI IBoot firmware, IIUC.
So I wouldn't want to corrupt the IBoot firmware inadvertantly by enabling
support for it. But some other folks may find it useful if it is properly
supported.

> It claims to be CFI compliant, though
> tracking it as it moves through the memory map as the DIP switches are
> changed would be a bit tough.  Perhaps if we updated the config file with
> #define's for the DIP switch settings, and based on that, it reasons out the
> correct memory settings for you?

I would prefer to see auto detection of flash bank locations based on
those DIP switch settings. But if we include all four possible flash
bank locations in CFG_FLASH_BANKS_LIST _and_ the common CFI flash driver
is enhanced to support heterogenous flash configs, then we probably can
ignore those DIP switch setup issues altogther.

<snip>

--
Regards,
George