[U-Boot-Users] Booting Board Without BDI

Knowledge Seeker talibalm at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 03:52:14 CEST 2004

I have 852T with fads board. In the current setup, after power on
processor starts to execute from 0xff000100 and flash is located at
address 0x02000000 and first executable byte of u-boot is at
0x02000100.

Well, in order to start executing u-boot code from flash without bdi
attached, what needs to be done and where.

I have some confusion in my mind. I know that higher order bits will
be ignored (by settings of br0 & or0 registers). Even in this case
changes should be made in u-boot or someplace else. If this is u-boot,
than its kind of checken and egg problem. How will it know before
reading u-boot settings for br0 & or0.

Thanks for your help.

Abu Sana