[U-Boot-Users] Protect Flash from tftpboot typos

Konstantin Kletschke lists at ku-gbr.de
Fri Jul 23 12:24:09 CEST 2004

Hi there!

I wonder if there is a solution possible to Protect the FLASH Chip from
typos.

I have physikal Ram at 0x8000000 to 0x8FFFFFF and FLASH from 0x10000000
to 0x10FFFFFF.
u-boot gets startet by the i.MX mechanism which maps the 1st MB of Flash
to 0x0. The i.MX executes 1st command at 0x0 to 0xFFFFF

tftpboot should only put downloaded images to RAM.
I had a customer recently who put 130.1.2.3 as the 1st argument to
tftpboot and tftpboot tries to put the image to 0x130.
I also do typos there and an 0x0 as 1st Argument destroys contents of
Flash though it is protected!
I think an linux kernel Image for example contains code sequences who
unlock, erase and write flash succesfully.

I want to implement a mechanism which implements out of an config option
a area where tftpboot acts (0x800000 to 0x8FFFFFF) and gives an error
message otherway.

Is that possible and where is the entry point in the code to put the
funtkionality to?

Regards, Konstantin Kletschke

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E  A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF