[U-Boot-Users] bootm change for standalone images

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 28 00:05:20 CEST 2004

Dear Andrew,

in message <20040727012114.GA22062 at acmay.homeip.net> you wrote:

> I need to boot a HW test program and it expects to be loaded down at address 0x0
> with the interrupt vectors laid out. So it is like a stupid homegrown OS.

This is a perfectly valid requirement.

> I came up with this quick fix to check for a load to address 0x0 for a standalone
> type, and not re-enable interrupts.

Thisi s not a good idea; at least it is not  general  enough  if  you
consider all the different architectures etc.

> But I am not sure if the check would be universal.
> Would it better to add a new type or flag to image header.

If you boot "a stupid homegrown OS" then do it  like  that:  use  the
"bootm" command for it.

> It looks like RTEMS is the simplest OS loader and it should work as
> is with my image, but it would be nice to have a generic print instead.

What exactly do you mean by "have a generic print instead" ?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Sometimes a man will tell his bartender things he'll never tell his doctor.
	-- Dr. Phillip Boyce, "The Menagerie" ("The Cage"),
	   stardate unknown.