[U-Boot-Users] ARM946, u-boot and linux

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 28 10:53:55 CEST 2004

In message <c3d0340b040727183672fbbf40 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > You can use the cross toolchain, but the ative target tools  will  of
> > course not run as they require a standard Linux kernel, not uCLinux.
>
> ?? What target tools are you talking about? I thought the target tools
> refer to cross compiler, debugger, etc..

No. The cross tools are those running on a cross development host, i.
e. for example on a x86 based Linux PC; the target  tools  are  tools
and  libraries  that  will  be running on the target system, i. e. in
your case on the ARM946 processor.

The cross tools  live  in  the  /opt/eldk/bin  and  /opt/eldk/usr/bin
directories, while the target tools vive in /opt/eldk/<target_arch>/

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
1 1 was a race-horse, 2 2 was 1 2. When 1 1 1 1 race, 2 2 1 1 2.