[U-Boot-Users] Flawed ATAG passing

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 28 19:29:52 CEST 2004

Dear Christian,

in message <20040728164601.GA19459 at stud4.tuwien.ac.at> you wrote:

> While trying to get Linux (2.4.19-rmk7-pxa2 and 2.6.7-mm7) start with
> a ramdisk on a xm250 board, i discovered, that uboot 1.1.1 seems to have a
> problem passing the ATAGs to the kernel.
> It seems that the kernel recieves all tags u-boot provided, but not
> all are parsed. Which seems strange, since none of the parse_tag_*

Why do you think that U-Boot has problems when the  Linux  kernel  is
actually receiving all ATAGs?

> functions in arch/arm/kernel/setup.c which are called by parse_tags(),
> can return something other than 0 which means that parse_tags() should
> read the next tag wich it doesn't.
>
> Has anybody experienced something simmilar, is this a known issue?

It works fine (at least for  2.4.x  kernels)  on  several  boards;  I
didn't test 2.6.x so far.

How about adding a bit more debugging code to your Linux kerenl?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Hi there! This is just a note from me, to you, to tell you, the  per-
son  reading this note, that I can't think up any more famous quotes,
jokes, nor bizarre stories, so you may as well go home.