[U-Boot-Users] Flawed ATAG passing

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 28 21:16:17 CEST 2004

In message <4107F1C1.8090308 at rossvideo.com> you wrote:

> > Kernel command line: root=/dev/ram console=ttyS0,115200
>
> Here you are telling it to boot from ramdisk (maj 1, minor 0)
>
> > Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(1,0)
>
> Your kernel fails to mount the ramdisk, since you have RAMDISK driver
> etc, then the next most likely reason is you are missing the filesystem
> support in your kernel.  For exampel if your ramdisk in in ext2 format
> then make sure your kernel has ext2 support compiled in (not as a module).

...or his kernel does not know how to deal with a ramdisk in flash
memory (this has been discussed many times before; the next time it
comes up I'll add it as a FAQ -- for now please see
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=6839224)

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.