[U-Boot-Users] bootm change for standalone images

Andrew May acmay at acmay.homeip.net
Wed Jul 28 21:59:39 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 01:57, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <20040727223152.GA11596 at acmay.homeip.net> you wrote:
> >
> > So just change the function names and printf to make it obvious
> > it is a simple OS type. Also do a fall through case for both
> > RTEMS and GENERIC OS image types.
>
> I don't think that this is a "generic" OS.

Do you not like the name. Are you concerned with belittling RTEMS?

> > Here is an incomplete patch of what I mean.
>
> Frankly, I don't like it.

Any reason why or just a gut feeling?
I just wanted it to be small and simple. It seems like
a waste to do a whole new function that differs only in
the print and the args passed. Every other OS does a lot
more work.

Would you prefer something like this?
	case IH_TYPE_STANDALONE:
		if (iflag)
			enable_interrupts();

		/* load (and uncompress), but don't start if "autostart"
		 * is set to "no"
		 */
		if (((s = getenv("autostart")) != NULL) && (strcmp(s,"no") == 0)) {
			char buf[32];
			sprintf(buf, "%lX", len);
			setenv("filesize", buf);
			return 0;
		}
	case IH_TYPE_STANDALONE_DISABLE_IRQ:
		appl = (int (*)(int, char *[]))ntohl(hdr->ih_ep);
		(*appl)(argc-1, &argv[1]);
		return 0;