[U-Boot-Users] ELDK Linux Compile problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 28 22:40:33 CEST 2004

In message <41079E6B.10148.6C0CCA at localhost> you wrote:
> Sorry if this is the wrong list for this.  I hunted around for an ELDK
> specific list, but came up empty.

Maybe we should really start an ELDK list one day...

> I'm trying to compile a kernel for the Lite5200 board.  I can successfully
> compile it with an incomplete IDE configuration, like this:
> But when I add the hardware driver:
> CONFIG_BLOCK_DEV_IDE_MPC5xxx=y
> the compile crashes.  I'm using ELDK 3.0 (not the CVS), which has the
> modified 2.4.24 kernel.

This just means that your kernel configuration is broken.

> My apologies if this has already been fixed in CVS.  If it has, I'll get
> current and try again.

I recommend to use the CVS version anyway since it has  a  couple  of
fixes.  But the real fix is just chosing a correct configuration; try
our default configuration for the Coral-P setup (feel free to disable
the Coral-P related stuff later, but try the configuration  first  as
is): ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/fujitsu/Coral-P/LITE5200_CoralP_defconfig

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Anything free is worth what you pay for it.