[U-Boot-Users] Software emulation exception on entry into RAM

Thomas Laman tlaman at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jul 30 03:06:05 CEST 2004

I am implementing u-boot 1.0.2 on a custom 860P board and am getting a
Software Emulation Exception
(as reported by BDI2000) at the first access of RAM after code is copied
to RAM.

The SDRAM setup was copied from a working PSOS+ load running on this
board. Successful burst
reads have been verified with a logic analyzer. I can't easily get
access to the logic analyzer for debugging
u-boot.

I have defined SRAM to be at 0x0 and I get the same results.

I know I am not using the CVS version of u-boot, I am using what was
supplied w/ ELDK 3.0.

I have searched the list and have found cases where SDRAM
initialization/burst read configurations have been
blamed. Based on success w/ PSOS+, I don't think this is my problem.

Any ideas?

-Tom Laman