[U-Boot-Users] 2.4.19-rmk7-ds1+JFFS and U-Boot.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 1 16:48:15 CEST 2004

In message <1086096045.29476.17.camel at Gargouille.comodoindia> you wrote:

>        I am trying to load jffs file system from my flash in my ixdp425
> board. my kernel shows...JFFS file system is mounted. but there is no
> prompt there.

You must learn to be  more  precise.  Please  pay  attention  to  all
details, may they be little or not.

>        1. created jffs file system using mkfs.jffs2
>        (mkfs.jffs2 -e 0x20000 -b -r /root/Prakash/RAMD/temp/ -o ram.img.

This is wrong. This does not create a JFFS filesystem.

It creates a JFFS2 filesystem, which is something different.

Also, the name "ram.img" is misleading at best.

>        2. made the ram.img as ram.uimg using mkimage -T ramdisk -C gzip
> -a 0x00440000 option.

What should that be good for? There is no use  in  adding  a  mkimage
wrapper around a filesystem image.

>        Now i m passing the following as my command line args.
>
> =root=/dev/mtdblock1 mem=16M rootfstype=jffs console=ttyS0,115200
> init=/bin/sh

This is wrong again. Since you created a JFFS2 image, your filesystem
type is NOT jffs. It is jffs2.

>       I m struggling  with this problem last 5 days.

Why don't you try working on ONE configurtation only,  and  get  this
running? Fighting a war on two or more fronts is not that easy.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Why waste negative entropy on comments, when you could use the  same
entropy to create bugs instead?"                        - Steve Elias