[U-Boot-Users] ARM, bootm and bootargs

Curt Brune curt at cucy.com
Tue Jun 1 18:33:16 CEST 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to pass command line arguments from u-boot to the kernel
for an ARM-based board.  Following the README I'm setting the
environment variable "bootargs" to the command line I want and booting
with the "bootm" command.

When the kernel boots it prints it's command line, which is still the
default command line.  I was expecting to the see the command line I
stored in the "bootargs" variable.

I poked around in u-boot/lib_arm/armlinux.c and it looks like I needed
to have CONFIG_CMDLINE_TAG defined in my config, which I did.

Is there anything else I need to do?  Something I'm missing?

Cheers,
Curt

 Curt Brune           | Phone   1.650.380.2528 |     Managing Principal
 curt at cucy.com        | WWW       www.cucy.com |           Cucy Systems