[U-Boot-Users] ocotea (IBM-440GX) gigabit driver for linux

Pavel Bartusek pba at sysgo.com
Sat Jun 5 18:02:50 CEST 2004

Don Palmer wrote:

> I have just completed a U-BOOT  port of the IBM 440GX  to my
> board.However, I have yet to find a linux distro that supports the on
> board  RGMII bridge & the (gigabit)  ethernet ports.  Does anyone know
> of a lcomplete linux port (including gigabits)  for the IBM 440GX

As far as I know currently it is supported only in the following kernel
tree:
bk://source.mvista.com/linux-2.5-ocp, see
http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-embedded/200404/msg00133.html

Note: the MAC address passing from U-Boot and proper calibrating of
decrementer don't work. Please, apply the attached patch.

regards

--

Pavel Bartusek <pba at sysgo.com>
Software Engineering

SYSGO Real-Time Solutions AG | Embedded and Real-Time Software
Lise-Meitner-Str.15
89081 Ulm, Germany

Voice: +49-731-9533-1295
FAX:   +49-731-94683-10