[U-Boot-Users] [Patch] for MPC8540ADS and MPC8560ADS boards

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Wed Jun 9 18:07:02 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 10:43, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> > * Patch by Jon Loeliger, 1-Jun-2004
> >   All these are on the MPC 8540/8560 ADS boards:
> >     Fix SDRAM initialization
> >     Documented BR2 and OR2 (SDRAM) registers.
> >     Fix and enable PCI bus by default.
> >     Added Rapid IO memory mappings.
> >     Fixes for the CFG_INIT_DBCR option.
> >     Some README.MPC85xxads updates.
> >     Better documentation for PCI 33/66 switches.
> >     Whitespace cleanup for consistency.
>
> This patch causes conflicts with the current state in  CVS;

Hmm.  Likely due to partially applied previous patch.

>   also  it
> violates  formatting  rules  (adds  trailing  white  space).

It does?  I tried really hard to avoid that, and even removed it
from existing crap.  I'll look harder.

>  Also, it
> deletes author identification from at least one file. Don't do that.

I don't think so?  It shouldn't.  Not that Xianghua Xiao is no
longer working on this body of code.  (Yes, I'll update that in
the MAINTAINERS in the next patch.)  And that Motorola spun off
its entire Semiconductor Business, now calling it Freescale.
Subsequent Copyrights are in that name now, and no, "(C)" doesn't
hold legal water, so it is being adjusted too.

> Please clean up and resubmit.

Will do.

jdl