[U-Boot-Users] Patches [Part 2/2] for the MPC8540ADS and MPC8560ADS boards

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Thu Jun 10 00:02:55 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 16:49, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> ds.
>
> I don't care much about which copyright notices  you  have  in  files
> that  belong  only to boards maintained by you (as long as it's clear
> that  they  come  under   GPL   or   a   compatible   license).

Understood.

>    But
> "include/asm-ppc/mmu.h"    or    "include/asm-ppc/processor.h"    are
> definitely NOT copyrighted by Freescale.

That's fine.  I can fix it.

> Also, removing existing names from files etc. will not be accepted.

So, as a bit of history here, there was a development timing
problem that happened internally on the development of some
of this code.  Two different departments had their hand in the
release process for the code, and as a result an internal request
was made to remove the references to some Motorola names.  That
happened and others dutifully removed those references (I didn't
do it; I'm just the messenger here. :-)

Furthermore, I have been asked by Xianghua Xiao to remove his name
from various places (including the MAINTAINERS) as he does not want
to be contacted for U-Boot issues at this time.

How would you like to honor his request?

Thanks,
jdl