[U-Boot-Users] u-boot compile failure with gcc-3.4.x and fix.

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Thu Jun 10 21:59:04 CEST 2004

Hello,

I'm noticing that the examples directory fails to compile with
gcc-3.4.0.  The _exports.h symbols are not making it into stubs.o .

I found that the compile works if you:

Change:
	static void __attribute__((unused)) dummy(void)
to:
	void __attribute__((unused)) dummy(void)

This would seem to be a new optimization or bug.  I would expect that
unused should make it stick around, even if it is not used locally.

The kernel uses this same construct in a few places mostly in debug code
and drivers I don't' use...

Regards,

Richard W.