[U-Boot-Users] lib_arm/board.c calls eth_init() for smc91111...why?

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Fri Jun 11 15:42:07 CEST 2004

I don't think it needs to be there.  Doing a 'mac' init is all that I
would think need be done.  It doesn't have the big delay of the phy init
but gets rid of u-boot to kernel handshake issues, and also sets up the
environment.

In board's I used in the past, I just did the mac init section in
misc_init_r and not a full ethinit.

Regards,

Richard W.