[U-Boot-Users] Support for Samsung 1Giga bit NAND device

Laurent Mohin laurent.mohin at acterna.com
Tue Jun 15 10:03:28 CEST 2004

Andy,

U-boot 1.1.0 doesn't provide support for NAND flash with a page size of
2K-byte instead of 512 byte (and you're right, theses devices require
special handling).
Pantelis Antoniou submitted a patch on 2004-04-30 which seems to manage
these new chips, but I don't think it has been added to the latest CVS
tree.

By the way, Samsung also offer 1 Giga bit devices with a 512 byte page
size (K9K1G08UOM - Manufacturer ID : 0xEC, Chip ID: 0x79).

Hope this helps,

Laurent

Andy Hawkins <a.hawkins at cabletime.com>
Sent by: u-boot-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net