[U-Boot-Users] LCD on pxa255

himba himba at siol.net
Tue Jun 15 21:35:03 CEST 2004

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Put:
>
> #define CONFIG_PREBOOT  "setenv stdout serial;setenv stdin serial"
>
> in your board config file :-)

Hmm, It does not do what is expected. I could stick with
late_board_init() but it leaves
In:	serial
out:	lcd
err:	lcd

printed over test pattern...

> Than have a look at our linux-2.4 kernel tree; it make sLinux use the
> same memory for framebuffer as used by U-Boot,  so  you  can  have  a
> steady  image  from a few milliseconds after power-on until the Linux
> GUI takes over :-) [Of course  you  can  also  load  "boot  progress"
> screels in U-Boot using the "bmp" command...

Great news! I've been poking through edlk3.0 kernel source and tried
to diff it against vanilla 2.4.24, but I couldn't find/spot needed
info about fb. It must be 'cause newbie (me) isn't really familiar
with kernel... Could you point it out, please ? :)

>>Maybe it would be helpfull to others if we sent patches
>>to Wolfgang...
>

> Sure that would be helpful. I have only that many different boards in
> our lab, and even stricter limits on available time :-(

Right, first I will try the display under linux more extensive - tune
up some settings - then I will mail the patch for u-boot to this list!

regards, himba