[U-Boot-Users] LCD on pxa255

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jun 14 15:20:53 CEST 2004

In message <40CD6251.5040709 at siol.net> you wrote:

> Another thing I want to test is to display bmp image on LCD. According
> to instructions in dulg manual, #define CONFIG_SPLASH_SCREEN should
> enable splash support and bmp command for image manipulation, but it

No. Please read again:

    To enable splash screen support you have to add a "#define
    CONFIG_SPLASH_SCREEN" to your board configuration file. This
    will also implicitely enable U-Boot Bitmap Support.

It will enable U-Boot Bitmap _Support_ (i. e. the functions needed to
draw the spash screen), but this does NOT anable the BMP  _commands_.
See also:

    By adding the CFG_CMD_BMP option to your CONFIG_COMMANDS
    command selections you can enable support for bitmap images
    in U-Boot. This will add bmp to the list of commands in your
    configuration of U-Boot

> does not enable bmp command. I also tried with #define CONFIG_COMMANDS
>          (CONFIG_CMD_DFL | CMD_BMP), but with no success.

Probably because it's CFG_CMD_BMP ?

Also be aware that so far only the MPC823 LCD driver ("cpu/mpc8xx/lcd.c")
and the SMI LynxE driver ("drivers/cfb_console.c") actually implement
bitmap support and the splash screen feature.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are  sick  and
tired  of  being  told that ordinary decent people are fed up in this
country with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not.  But  I'm  sick
and tired of being told that I am.                     - Monty Python