[U-Boot-Users] supported flashes?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 17 12:15:48 CEST 2004

In message <51DB8827D393D411BB69003048003F46FDCE51 at TVESNTR> you wrote:

> And this is not very easy, because I couldn't find any doc related to
> hardware support. I have looked at the code and I found lots of files about
> flash support. In particular:
>
>  drivers/cfi_flash.c

-> generic flash driver for CFI conformant flash chips

>  board/mpc8260ads/flash.c

In general: board/<name>/flash.c:

-> board specific (optimized) flash driver suporting only the
   possible flash chip configurations on a specific board.

>  common/flash.c

-> common flash handling routines

>  common/env_flash.c

-> code to deal with saving environment variables in flash memory

> Am I wrong? What about the other files? Is there anywhere a list of
> supported flashes?

See include/flash.h for a list ;-)

> In conclusion, can i suppose that any CFI flash with the appropriate command
> set will be supported by u-boot.

Yes. And a lot more.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A direct quote from the Boss: "We passed over a lot of good people to
get the ones we hired."