[U-Boot-Users] about the include/linux directory

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 23 09:06:51 CEST 2004

In message <20040623050458.A4E722B2B57 at ws5-7.us4.outblaze.com> you wrote:

> who can tell me what's the role of the `include/linux' directory and  why we need the directory??
> why don't we put those files in `linux' dir into other directory like its parent dir -- 'include'.

Because these files were copied from the  Linux  source  tree,  where
they  have  exactly  the  same  filename and newarly exactly the same
content. This makes updationg to more recent versions much easier  as
yoiu always know where the files are coming from.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
It's not an optical illusion, it just looks like one.   -- Phil White