[U-Boot-Users] Where is flash_init() after u-boot relocated to RAM?

Shawn shawnxtech at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 01:45:08 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to trace into flash_init(). The function is called after u-boot
is relocated to RAM. So the System.map is no longer useful. How can I know
the address of the function to set a breakpoint?

The following screenshot shows that u-boot locates at 0x07fd9000. I tried
to get the address by adding the offset got from System.map to 0x07fd9000.
But it seems not right because GDB didn't stop at that address.

Top of RAM usable for U-Boot at: 08000000
Reserving 152k for U-Boot at: 07fd9000
Reserving 192k for malloc() at: 07fa9000
Reserving 56 Bytes for Board Info at: 07fa8fc8
Reserving 48 Bytes for Global Data at: 07fa8f98
Stack Pointer at: 07fa8f78
New Stack Pointer is: 07fa8f78
Now running in RAM - U-Boot at: 07fd9000
FLASH: Flash bank # 0:
        Manuf. ID @ 0xFF800000: 0xFFFFFFFF
        Device ID @ 0xFF800008: 0xFFFFFFFF
*** failed ***