AW: [U-Boot-Users] u-boot hangs right at beginning

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jun 25 11:56:04 CEST 2004

In message <FAEMIMIJIMPCDKKDDDKBKEDGCAAA.glenson at gmx.de> you wrote:
> Since I don't have any difficulty to compile and run the old U-Boot(0.4.0),
> can it still be a toolchain problem?

Yes. The  toolchain  includes  the  passing  of  information  between
compiler and debugger; maybe some of the changes made in U-Boot (like
compiler flags etc.t o support gcc-3.x compilers) cause problems with
your tool combination.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"I believe the use of noise to make  music  will  increase  until  we
reach  a  music  produced  through  the aid of electrical instruments
which will make available for musical purposes  any  and  all  sounds
that can be heard."                        - composer John Cage, 1937