[U-Boot-Users] What are IBAT and DBAT?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jun 28 09:01:37 CEST 2004

Dear Shawn,

in message <20040628062500.214.qmail at web20703.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> When trying to port u-boot to a MPC8245 card, I'm not sure what IBAT and
> DBAT register work for. For example, sl8245.h defines 4 regions of IBAT:

If you have to ask such a question this is  an  indication  that  you
don't  have  the  qualification  to  port  U-Boot.  When dealing with
software on such a low level as the boot loader you need  a  thorough
understanding  of  the  hardware  and it's internal workings. Without
this you are lost.

No offence meant.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Of course there's no reason for it, it's just our policy.