[U-Boot-Users] Re: nomen est omen: i.MX or mc9329 ?

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Mon Jun 28 14:14:34 CEST 2004

Robert Schwebel wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 11:35:01AM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>
>>In U-Boot we just split in "cpu" and "board".
>

> Which is no good idea. CPU is ARM920T and each and every board copies
> everything it needs from other boards.

But still we should add it this way right now to get it into CVS a.s.a.p. so
other people can test your patch and contribute to it. Following "release
early, release often" policy.

I know it is "no good idea" (TM). But it's the same for the AT91RM9200 -
which is ARM9 too.

We could clean up and reconstruct later when we know how to do it right.

BTW: Does your patch remove the iMX stuff already in CVS?
      Or should Wolfgang delete this patch:

	* Patch by Ming-Len Wu, 09 Jun 2004:
	  Add suppport for MC9328 (Dargonball) CPU and Motorola MX1ADS board

      after/before applying yours?

Steven