[U-Boot-Users] Hello_world problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 30 08:55:17 CEST 2004

In message <BAY2-F41majv0hYOSJt000529e0 at hotmail.com> you wrote:

> I am using ppc 405 custom board. I managed to have u-boot running on my
> board. But for some reason the hello_world couldn't run on my board. Below
> are the detail:
>
> 1) I used TFTP to download hello_world.srec and put it to memory starting
> from 0x40004.
> => tftpboot 0x40004 hello_world.srec

No, this is wrong.

0x40004 is the entry point, which is at offset 0x0004 in  the  image;
and  if  you  use  TFTP,  you must download the binary image, not the
s-record file - you must use "tftp 40000 hello_world.bin; go 40004"

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Men don't talk peace unless they're ready to back it up with war.
	-- Col. Green, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.4