[U-Boot-Users] Proposal to add "ispeed" (I2C speed) command

listmember at orkun.us listmember at orkun.us
Thu Mar 4 17:10:17 CET 2004

> Just configure the I2C clock for the maximum  allowable  speed  right
> from the beginning.

You can have 100khz and 400khz capable devices accessible to the master.
You can run everything at 100khz but you will not be taking full
advantange of 400khz devices.

Philips AN10216-01 (I2C Manual) Dated March 24, 2003, Page 24 describes
how a system can run both 100kHz devices and 400kHz devices on the same
bus and access 400kHz devices at 400kHz using I2C bus repeater such as
PCA9515.

I understand this might not be useful for everyone so that is why I
proposed to make it an optional command that is compiled in only if
CONFIG_I2C_ISPEED is defined.

Best regards,
Tolunay