[U-Boot-Users] IDE and SCSI devices in U-Boot

sudhakar rajashekhara rsudhakar_blr at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 08:56:20 CET 2004

Hi All,

We have ported U-Boot and Linux-2.4.22 onto a custom
powerpc board. We have a Serial ATA card (SATA150
Tx2plus) sitting on PCI, which supports 2 devices. A
Hard Disk has been connected to one of the port of the
Serial ATA card. Linux identifies this Hard Disk as a
SCSI device and configures it properly. Now I want to
boot Linux from the the Hard Disk using U-boot. Can I
configure the Hard Disk as an IDE device from U-boot
or do I have to configure it as a SCSI device?

Thanks in advance,
regards,
Sudhakar.