[U-Boot-Users] Newbie needs help with RAMDISK

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 10 19:02:42 CET 2004

Dear Luke,

in message <BAY10-F113QOTQWKySS0001f3e9 at hotmail.com> you wrote:

> I've managed to create the ramdisk, download it to my target but when I boot
> I get this message (only relevant sections included):
>
> Kernel command line: root=/dev/ram

Actually this is a Linux problem.  Strictly  speaking,  this  is  off
topic on the U-Boot list.

> RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 4096K size 1024 blocksize
> cramfs: wrong magic
> FAT: bogus logical sector size 65535
>
> AAgh!!! Where could I have gone wrong!!

One of your mistakes is not providing enough  information.  It  would
have  been  VERY useful to see the COMPLETE log of the boot messages.
So we can only speculate. Do you have ext2 support  enabled  in  your
kernel configuration?

> I know this is a voluntary site but if someone could give me some give me a
> few hints then thanks.

This is what these lists are for.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
saftey deserve neither liberty not saftey." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759