[U-Boot-Users] Command line parsing question

Jeff Angielski jeff at theptrgroup.com
Fri Mar 12 00:41:08 CET 2004

u-boot-1.0.0/MPC8260 custom board

When I type in commands at the command prompt and hit enter, some of the
commands are getting run twice.

For instance, version gets run twice while an md runs only once.

=> version
version

U-Boot 1.0.0 (Mar 11 2004 - 12:24:15)
=>

U-Boot 1.0.0 (Mar 11 2004 - 12:24:15)
=> md 0x0 1
md 0x0 1
00000000: ff000000    ....
=>

One thing to note about my setup is that I am accessing the serial
console using telnet over a remote serial devices server.  So the whole
telnet end-of-line issue and the processing of CR,LF, and NUL come into
play.

Snooping the network and watching the character counts on the seriver
server's serial port, I can see that each time I hit <Enter> there are
two characters going over the serial line (CR-LF or CR-NUL) to the
target.

My questions are:

1) Has anybody else encountered this problem?  I already googled for an
answer but came up with nothing.

2) Does anybody have any idea why some commands are working and others
are not?  I would expect that either all would be repeated or none of
them would be repeated.

Thanks,
Jeff