[U-Boot-Users] PATCH - add CMD_BMP and SPLASH_SCREEN support in cfb_console

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Mar 14 17:58:06 CET 2004

In message <40509BDC.6060506 at staubli.com> you wrote:

> The attached patch add bitmap (8bpp and 24bpp) support on cfb_console.

It also does some other things which you  don't  bother  to  mention
here.

Please ALWAYS describe ALL extensions to the code.

> Be carefull: this patch moves the environment location in flash for the
> Lite5200 board.
> U-boot room became too small ...

Thanks for the warning, but actually I would like to ask you to SPLIT
such modifications into separate, independend patches.

Also, it is not exactly nice to enable  non-standard  features  (like
CONFIG_VIDEO   or  CONFIG_CFB_CONSOLE,  CFG_CMD_BMP)  while  deleting
others   (CONFIG_DOS_PARTITION)   in   public   configuration   files
(IceCube.h).

THis is not your private board configuration, and you are NOT allowed
to bend or cripple it as you like.

Fineally, it is a VERY, VERY BAD idea to use code like this:

	#define VIDEO_KBD_INIT_FCT    (simple_strtol (getenv("console"), NULL, 10))

Guess what happens if "console" is not set in your environment?

Also, please stick with the coding style (indentation  by  TABs  =  8
characters wide);

> CHANGELOG
> * Pierre AUBERT 11 Mar 2004
>     - add bitmap command and splash screen support in cfb console.
>     - add [optional] origin in the bitmap display command.
>     - move the environment location in flash for the Lite5200 board.

Added [cursing a lot].

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Intelligence without character is a dangerous thing."   - G. Steinem