[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: bug fix in IDE identification strings

Leon KUKOVEC leon.kukovec at ultra.si
Mon Mar 15 18:45:56 CET 2004

Hi Wolfgang,

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 14:32, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <4055AA27.3010805 at staubli.com> you wrote:
> >
> > The attached patch fixes a bug in the ide identification string copy.
>
> I may be missing something - but why do we copy these strings in  the
> first place? Who is using them? (and where?)

The block_dev_desc_t structure defines vendor[40], product[20] and
revision[8] - same as it is defined in hd_driveid_t.

ident_cpy's description says that it will copy the string and
terminate it, but it can't in the case where all 8 bytes of revision
are occupied - since the buffers are equal size.

Therefore Pierre's patch is correct, but instead of hardcoded values
8, 40, 20 I would rather see sizeof (iop->fw_rev) etc.

I noticed the same thing today when I was testing the PCMCIA
patch that I'm about to send for PXA.

--

Best Regards,
	Leon.