[U-Boot-Users] YOUR OPINION PLEASE: u-boot-users added to Gmane

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 16 18:55:38 CET 2004

In message <33805.216.110.51.8.1079455755.squirrel at www.orkun.us> you wrote:

> I am all for searchable archives and honestly I am not excited about
> sourceforge search capabilities (often multiple word searches do not work
> etc).

I agree. I'm not happy with SF either.

> However, with newsgroups there comes the increase in spam! Sf.net
> subscriptions are receiving surprisingly low levels of spam as far as I
> can see. If it is archived in newsgroups, I strongly prefer the archives
> are filters and email addresses are either removed or shortened so they
> cannot be used when harvested. For example, yahoo lists convert email
> address to something like "wd at den..."

Have a look how Gmane handles this.

BTW: it was not my idee to register with Gmane, I  just  happened  to
get asked if it's OK with me. Which it is.

> I prefer private mail sent directly to you stay private. Obviously, it is

Marius raised concers before, so I excluded all such stuff.

> I belive direct emails should stay off list. I hope you can continue to
> honor that.

Of course I will.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The universe is all a spin-off of the Big Bang.