[U-Boot-Users] miiphy_speed() broken after latest patch...

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Fri Mar 19 01:32:31 CET 2004

> In message <17331.216.110.51.8.1079651857.squirrel at www.orkun.us> you
> wrote:
>>
>> Perhaps we need to make the detection of 1000Mbps PHY included
>> optionally
>> based on a CONFIG_ macro and 1000MBps PHY boards define that variable. I
>> have no use for extra code.
>
> OK - can you please submit a patch, then?

I can but I would like to hear from Travis first.

I guess I can define CONFIG_PHY_1000 and make the new sections added to be
included when depend on it. But, I am not sure which board(s) need this
GigE PHY support because I will have to add the macro to their config
header files.

Another thing to consider is incompatible GigE PHY register sets. So,
perhaps we should have someting have CONFIG_PHY_1000_TYPE as well and use
it like:

#if defined(CONFIG_PHY_1000_TYPE)
#if CONFIG_PHY_1000_TYPE == CONFIG_PHY_MARVELL_88E1XXX
... marvell specific code ...
#elif CONFIG_PHY_1000_TYPE == CONFIG_PHY_1000_GENERIC...
... assumed generic gigE PHY code ...
#endif
#endif

Best regards,